Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2c tutorial, or maybe h files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

as i am learning the micros and the protocols such as 232, spi,pwm,irda, and now i2c, i have been using my own code instead of the h libraries. and now with my circuits i am using proper pins, so that if i ever update code i can switch to hardware code

maybe we(I) should take the time to learn the basics of how these h files work, i am just wondering when i start with a h file how do i find it features and how to implement them.?

for example alot of the time it is the config bits, which i need, in wat order, i find that in general when i look at libraries, i find the instructions(subroutines) that they hold. but i find it is usually vague on how to use it. suggestions? how do you guys approach a new library when you encounter them?

i tried several of the online examples, but using i2c.h seems to get stuck in a loop when writing the register byte.
my more immediate problem today though is that i have written my own i2c code to interface with this array, which is now returning bytes:
https://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/tpa81tech.htm
i am able to get the acknowledgements from the array, at the proper address and in general am getting good responses, except every second byte or so is responding as 119-123, when it should only be showing 23-25, but then not after that,even happening when i hit the same register over and over. it is the same when i keep repeating firmware requests on a repeat of 10 requests this is what responds: 7,103,7,99,7,95,7,95,7,95.

the switch seems to help, i have now gotten a few more registers to respond properly:
245,69,24,26,26,25,22,25,24,22 registers 2-8 seem to be working, but register 9 never changes, register 1 should be 20-30,as the internal temp, and i doubt register 0 value is software version 245

while(1) {

while (address == 0){address = i2c_lookup();}

cnt4 = 0;
for(cnt3=0; cnt3<10;cnt3++){
switch (cnt3){
case 5: data[cnt4] = i2c_read(address, cnt3);cnt4++;break;
case 7: data[cnt4] = i2c_read(address, cnt3);cnt4++;break;

default:
data[cnt4] = i2c_read(address, cnt3);
data[cnt4] = i2c_read(address, cnt3);cnt4++;break;

}
}
xxx = 1;

LCD(254);LCD(81);LCD(32);LCD(32);
LCD5(data[2]);LCD(32);LCD5(data[3]);LCD(32);LCD5(data[4]);LCD(32);LCD5(data[5]);
LCD(254);LCD(69);LCD(41);
LCD5(data[6]);LCD(32);LCD5(data[7]);LCD(32);LCD5(data[8]);LCD(32);LCD5(data[9]);
Delay10KTCYx(240);
Delay10KTCYx(10);
}

any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back