Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2c to microchip 24lc256

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi all:
I am using a 16F886 and looking for a tut on asm I2C to the 24LC256 ext EEPROM chip.
thx

There is a software implementation in Nigel's tutorials.... It wouldn't take much to convert it to hardware..

Converting software to hardware is not easy.

Converting software to hardware is not easy.
Yes it is..

The chip in question HAS an I2c module, whereas the chip in Nigel's tutorials hasn't..

The code for I2C in hardware is a couple of lines... All that's required are the low level functions need modifying..

The code for I2C in hardware is a couple of lines...
of cocaine?

When you say hardware.. are you talking about actual hardware or ASM? Assembly is software.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here.... Using the hardware I2C module in ASM is quite simple... Nearly as simple as the SPI.... Why do you think it's hard.... Something to do with AVR??

With the PIC's you need about 6 simple subroutines....

I just thought you were talking about doing something in hardware, when actually you talked about software.

With the PIC's you need about 6 simple subroutines....

How long does one subroutine take? And who cares how long does it take to set up a peripheral.. It only has to be done once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back