Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C maths FPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Anyone heard of anything I can use to do double-presicion maths on?

I have a PIC18F252 and need more maths power, Ideally a I2C FPU would be great.

Thanks

Pic's are microcontrollers, they ... control stuff and are not designed to do much math. If you want to do some serious number crunching you should be looking for a CPU system instead of a µC system

There are floating point libraries available for many micros (dont know about PICs, I prefer AVRs) -- It takes many cycles. You should always evaluate your problem to make sure that floating point is really needed. for instance, converting period to frequency on the surface requires 1/t. However, if you consider that the unit of t is usually ticks, you can work out an integer approximation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back