Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2c clock freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkt_PiratesDen

the i2c spec says:"Data on the I2C-bus can be transferred at rates of up to 100 kbit/s in the
Standard-mode, up to 400 kbit/s in the Fast-mode, or up to 3.4 Mbit/s in the High-speed mode."
But does anyone know how SLOW it can be. Seems to me that it would be limited by how long the data and clock latches would hold the last state and that would be as long as power was applied to the Vs and gnd pins. Anyone have an opinion or know for sure ?

The official year 2000 I2C Spec from Philips states 0 to 100 khz clock for standard mode, and 0 to 400 khz for fast mode. The also talk about the 1 mhz clock, and the recently approved 3.4 mhz clock (few months ago).

if you haven't downloaded a copy of the spec yet;

https://i2c-bus.org/reference/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back