Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i2c and parallel port pin state

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuntul

Is all of these possible states for i2c lines? Which are possible for parallel port pin?

Pulled to vdd
Pulled to ground
Tristate
Pulled to -vdd

I know that pulled to ground is true... not sure about the others. I think that pulled to vdd is wrong... the pull up resistor does that??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_portIf I'm not mistaken outputs can be either tied high or low, inputs are tri-stated but with a weak pullup or down possibly. High speed parallel ports probably don't have pullup/downs

Last edited:
The I²C bus has only two states, driven low by the output or pulled high by an external pullup. The bus should never be driven high as this prevents other devices pulling it low.

Mike.

Last edited:
so I2C is pulled to vdd and pulled to -vdd and the parallel port pin pulled to vdd, pulled to -vdd and tristate... is this correct?

No, I²C is pulled to Vdd or driven to ground. There are no negative voltages involved. Parallel ports are driven to Vdd or driven to ground.

I'll correct my original post.

Mike.

Last edited:
analog output? No, where did you read that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back