Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I wonder what type of connector it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,I'm an r/c pilot,I've got a Futaba 9CHP radio and a set of Real Flight r/c simulator,but I haven't got any interfacing socket to connect the radio to my computer.I went to the electro market but didn't find anything.
I need to know what the name of such type of connector(please refer to the attached picture on in this post),in order that I can search the web for more information.I just did a search but all I found was Fuataba trainer cord specially built for r/c fans,consequently sold at a pretty high price.I only need connectors,not convertors.Could any one please give me some information?Thanks!

the real question is how its actually going to communicate with the computer? USB? serial? parallel? game port? it will most likely require some circuitry to interface it and without knowing what the simulator software is expecting for data would make it very hard to make the adapter... especially if it were USB, because then it would be extraordinarily difficult...

sorry I can't be of any help finding a connector, but its probably some proprietary thing made by the manufacturer perhaps you could get a used trainer cord from ebay or something and hack off an end?

its hard to get a real idea from the pic, but what is the pin spacing? if it's 2.54 mm (0.1 inch) then you could use standard header pins, take two rows of 3 and epoxy them together to form the two staggered rows. if not perhaps you could find other headers with the correct pin spacing and do the same thing. you wouldn't get a nice plastic shell but at least it would be usable.

Thanks,evandude.But I think I still have to keep seeking

I can't agree more with your idea that the software protocol is the actual thing that matters much.

I am a college student majoring in mechanics engineering & automation.I know digital electronics and I have completed several projects.So I'm fully aware of the difficulties in interfacing this radio to the PC.

But at this moment,I don't need to worry about the protocol coz I already had an adaptor interfacing it to the LPT parallel port. The only problem is the origional connector was a circular one that suits less advanced radios' trainer port.And there're lots of people with advanced radios as I have.And it's the rectangular connctor at the back of such radio.

I have already made a simple conncetor for myself with two pins(only 2 pins are used:(GND and SDA,narrow spacing).I bent the pins of a 100mil connector to fit the interval.I can also buy a second hand trainer cord from wherever.It's okay for me.However now I need 1000 connectors of this type,for all friends around my area.And it's really been a headache.

I don't know if it is a proprietary thing developed by futaba.I think since it's a connector,they have to name this special standard.If it's got a name.I can eventually find it somehow.Then I'll be able to do a more accurate search for it,in order to find a seller.

Thanks for your advice,evandude.I better keep searching for such stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back