Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Won The Uk Lottery!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless1

woohoo! I have won 950 000 pounds in the UK 2012 olympic lottery!! dang, that means I can retire in South Africa!

Now where's my bank account number and PIN number?

the scary thing is people actually fall for this!! I mean surely if you want to run a scam you will make sure you have a domain to use and not use hotmail as your email provider :p

D'oh I was about to become your friend as well :p

I get 20-30 of these a day. I don't enter any lotteries so I won't be winning any ;)

When I got my first mail of this kind, I was so confused about where I will deposit all those money. Open multiple accounts? :D

Now it turned a bit. Now I'm getting mails from a Meliza John and Alice Benson regularly - with attached beautiful pics handling rose flowers ;-)

I see that they have toned down the amount of zeros at the end of the prize. When this first came out there use to be amounts like 450 000 000 Euros! :D (hmm does anyone have the Euro symbol on their Keyboards)
And I used to always wonder, doesn't a winner of an amount like this end up on BBC news or CNN or something like that :confused:

Last edited:
Here in Florida, lottery winners are give the option of not being made public. Also get the choice of taking a smaller lump-sum payment, or annual payments for 20 years.

It's been several years since I was last plagued by email spam and scams. Haven't really thought about it much. I think it's because I got real careful about where I put my address, and what I sign up for, both online and else where. I don't give my email address to a local merchant, if there is no need for them to contact me that way.

woohoo! I have won 950 000 pounds in the UK 2012 olympic lottery!! dang, that means I can retire in South Africa!

Wow, was just about to congratulate you...........then mail some begging letters. :D

Anyone ever seen the scam baiter websites. (don't wanna post links because some of the content is questionable here)

Pretty funny stuff. Some of the "master minds" behind these tend to be more gullable then the intended victims.:D

I've been to one that targets the Nigerian 419 scams, I love how they regard it as a game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back