Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I went out on the razzle last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

.. In Chesterfield.

Despite from feeling quite old in front of all these teenagers I managed to have quite a good time.

Anyway after a few pints of Pedigree I succombed to the call of nature and went to the toilet.

Whilst propping up the wall in the urinal I noticed some digital thingy on the wall next to the cistern.

I know what it does, but how does it do it?

Cheers

p.s. "You can't miss with armitage shanks" - Viz Magazine (1983)

Isn't it just a water meter?.

Mind you I never go down Chesterfield drinking, it's too expensive! :D

If you fancy a beer though, my daughter's playing a gig at the Winding Wheel on Dec 3rd - I'll be there then!.

OK lets really lower the tone of the thread!

The things which annoy me are the automatic flush devices, especially the ones which flush the WC when you stand up after.....
... well, you get the idea.

Even worse, the automatic ones which DONT flush when you stand up, having to abandon a stinking pile for other to find. :eek:
A manual override would be a useful addition for such situations.:rolleyes:

JimB

JimB said:
OK lets really lower the tone of the thread!

The things which annoy me are the automatic flush devices, especially the ones which flush the WC when you stand up after.....
... well, you get the idea.

Even worse, the automatic ones which DONT flush when you stand up, having to abandon a stinking pile for other to find. :eek:
A manual override would be a useful addition for such situations.:rolleyes:

JimB

THey do have a manual override. It's a small silver button in the center on top.

It looked a bit to flashy a device (leds and everything!) to just monitor water levels.

Nigel, what's your daughter doing?

Do you remember the last time we met? I think you were a green belt at the time.....

Last edited:
UTMonkey said:
It looked a bit to flashy a device (leds and everything!) to just monitor water levels.

Nigel, what's your daughter doing?

She's playing in one of four bands on there, her band is called 'In Between' and she plays bass and sings (in this band). In another band called 'Jumblesale Gypsies' she plays bass, piano accordion, flute and sings, in a third band called 'The Instinct' she just plays bass.

Do you remember the last time we met? I think you were a green belt at the time.....

Well I took my blue belt (the one after green) in November 1997 - so we're going back a bit! :D

Don't remember you from this name, presumably I knew you as something else?.

Talented lass, I'm a classical guitar guy myself.

Hint: we were using body armour and doing focussed punching, and if I remember correctly I forgot the old motto "always be prepared"...

UTMonkey said:
Talented lass, I'm a classical guitar guy myself.

Hint: we were using body armour and doing focussed punching, and if I remember correctly I forgot the old motto "always be prepared"...

What belt were you back then? (I've hit a lot of people over the years! :D )

I was a green belt, got as far as purple when at a seminar I hurt my wrist and neck then packed it in (some folks dont know the difference between training and physically putting someone down).

People looked at me a bit strange the day after at work (bruises 'n all)

UTMonkey said:
I was a green belt, got as far as purple when at a seminar I hurt my wrist and neck then packed it in (some folks dont know the difference between training and physically putting someone down).

Unfortunately once you get to green and above you're considered 'fair game' as you're supposed to be able to breakfall with sufficient skill - certainly some people though just go in too hard, they don't seem to realise that you have to be at work next day.

People looked at me a bit strange the day after at work (bruises 'n all)

Been there, done that! :D

My daughter took the Ken Jutsu chief instructor (sword work) down, he was sparring with her and was too slow with his block - he was hit horizontally across the eyes with considerable power - luckily only with a wooden bokken. He took no further part in that night's class, and we didn't see him again for 7 or 8 months - he apparently disappeared down south with a woman, but it seemed a bit coincidental :p

A few of the seminars I went to it wasnt just the students who didnt know how to "train" but the sensei's.

I saw a second dan instructor preform a technique on a purple belt. looked impressive but it ended with the instructor striking the student in the throat.

The guy was well out of it, someone had to check him out.

I think that was the last seminar I went to.

UTMonkey said:
A few of the seminars I went to it wasnt just the students who didnt know how to "train" but the sensei's.

I think we've all seen similar examples? - luckily as an independent association we don't have any such problems - although odd mistakes can occur!.

Anyway back to my post, If I so a flashy toilet "sensor" again I will take a picture (if I don't get arrested first) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back