Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want tu Implement this state diagram on Xilinx PLz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsan_9212

I want tu Implement this state diagram on Xilinx 7.1 in StateCAD PLz help

Attachments

• Elevator.gif
    Elevator.gif
    178.2 KB · Views: 487
Hey, that is my hand writing. :D

:) ;) nice sharing i draw this on xilinx StateCAD but i m confuse :confused:about outputs 00 01 10 11 where it use in state diagram And we will give input at Button B1 B2 And B3 but in which way respective sencor will On Plz help :rolleyes:

You are confusing state labels with state outputs. The _ _ _ binary numbers are just labels for the state. It would be used as a register in your state machine just so your state machine knows what state it is in. It isn't actually an output. The _ _ binary numbers are the actual outputs that each state uses to control the H-bridge that drives the elevator motor.

In some state machines the state name IS the output but in general that isn't true. In general, each state can have outputs that are the same as other states. What makes a state unique is where it sits in the state machine sequence, not it's actual output. Obviously you want the elevator to be able to have a "stop" output on all floors and not just one and only one floor.

So you have to sit down and go through the state machine diagram you have and figure out if the motor should be stopped, going up, or going down at each state. (Hint, it's already done for you! Notice how each state has a _ _ _ binary label as well as an English label that is the floor number, up or down?). He could have just as easily written "00" or "11" instead of "First", "Second", or "Third". Or he could have just as easily written "10" instead of "Up". Or he could have written "01" instead of down. But then it would make it hard to understand since you would ask "Why is the state output 10 for this state?" Instead he writes it so you know what the state is trying to do so you can modify the state output to perform the same result if your H-bridge requires different control signals.

Do you understand?

Last edited:
Actually, I carefully assigned the state bits to each state in such a way as to make the generation of the two outputs, M1 and M2 trivial. (Hint, look at the two MSBs of the state bits....)

Thanks.... Now the issu of output is clear But I want to knw more that In Transitions the B1 B2 B3 is is done by push buttons but In which way Limit Switch (Transition T1 T2 ) will be Active .... this will be cotrolled by Output gererated at states 111 000 001.......??? Thanks again

Think of it like this: Suppose the elevator is on the first floor (state 000). A person gets in, and pushes B3. That causes a transition to state UP3 (101), which causes the motor to run in the UP direction. The machine stays in UP3 until the moving elevator trips L3, which causes an immediate transition to state THIRD (111), stopping the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back