Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to make a short range tracking device , small size, and see 3D position on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhatkr

Hi,

I am a student, and I want to make a tracking device as part of the project. I want to make a small tracking device.
Range requierd is 2-3 metres. Size of the circuit to betracked can be as small as possible. I think any small size transmitter ,if possible, is OK. I want to connect it with my PC and do some coding for seeing the position of the 'object to be tracked' on screen with 3 dimensional information.
If you have a cooked up (free or paid) set of circuit. Please advice.
But dear friends, please have mercy on cost. I am just a student. I won't be able to pay big dollars.
:D

prabhatkr said:
that thread is old ....Hope that Shax can help me here...

If you check the last few entries in that thread, its been refreshed recently.:)

that tracking device is for tracking device but of a different type.... and also there are no replies..
can we see for a day!

Do you want 3D or 2D?
With 2D tracking you need two receivers at different locations to triangulate where the transmitter is located. Then you need to have circuits that can measure the distances and modulate the display width and hieght.

With 3D then you need a 3rd receiver to determine the height of the transmitter. You won't see 3D on an ordinary monitor.

circuit?

Can I have a circuit for 3D?
I want to use 3 D. What are the special requirements for 3D tracking?

Thanks for the reply.!!!!!!!!

prabhatkr said:
SHAX posted a small circuit in the other thread. What is that about?
It is a little transmitter that might transmit the altitude of the rocket. He might use the receiver to receive the information.

If the rocket lands out of sight then the transmitter and receiver help him find it. The signal gets stronger when they are closer together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back