Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to make a fake radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy

Basically, I've got an old radio case and thought it would be interesting to put something in it to play somewhat random MP3s in it.

By somewhat random, I mean a track wouldn't repeat within 5 songs of its last play and there would be random intermittent MP3 of the station host played.

What I need is for someone to point me in the direction I should be going with this. The easiest and least flexible way that I can think of is to take an MP3 player and make a playlist on it and hook that up inside the radio. No randomness there, though. Are there any guides online to making a controller for an MP3 player? Am I going totally the wrong way with this?

I am a hobbyist, but I am capable. I just tend to need to do more research before I start buying and soldering. :)

Please, give me any and all suggestions you have!

Most MP3 players have a skip/backup button. Hit it randomly, you might interupt what's being played though. You could interface it to a micro controller, but that depends on how capable you are.

Apparently I am missing the point. :confused:
This sounds just like normal public radio station activity to me. Just pick a few songs and repeat them over and over and over again while occasionally tossing in a station ID and some advertising. :(

Just tune the radio to some station and let it go. You will get the same results but probably with less song selection though. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back