Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to learn basics of electronics, I need a guide and what topics to learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasternTIGERS

Hi everyone, okay as some of you may already know Im learning electronics as its interesting and I enjoy it, im new in this less than 6 months. I know how to use a multimeter, solder, test components and did the odd repair job successfully. What I need now is a structure to learn more but so far im doing things in bits and my learning is all over the place, Im considering buying an Arduino Microcontroller to play with to control a Servo Motor via USB. This is whats happening my learning is scattered, I looked on a website in the UK where Im located and the University has a course: HND Electronic Engineering, I will paste the following topics this course covers

Course content

Year 1 and 2

* Manufacturing Principles
* Mathematics
* Engineers in Business
* Analogue and Digital Electronics
* Microcomputers and Computer Architecture
* Electrical Principles
* Electronic Design
* Electronic Systems
* Communications Technology
* Data Communications and Networks
* Project
* one option from Quality Systems and Measurements or C+

So you see friends from the above bullet points I know about 6 topics but nothing in depth, what do you think about following this programme? Things like projects and lab tools I cannot do as I have no access to the equipment. So any tips and advice I would appreciate, I can afford to spend about 2 days a week on learning as this is my interest.

I just want to add when I use the word "basic" I understand the physics like magnetism, the atom and electricity but I want to go to the next step

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back