Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to develop a FM Radio- plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumyadip

I need to construct a FM radio using a PLL chip(or a FM receiver chip that has a PLL or Frequency Locked Loop within it) that can receive signal within 88MHz to 108MHz for my Engineering Project. I need ur help. Can u pls help me to get a circuit?

still now I have got a circuit using TDA7000 FM receiver chip https://electronics-diy.com/TDA7000_FM_Receiver.php .But the problem is that I don't know whether the chip is available in the market or now.

SO can U pls suggest me any circuit with a chip that is available in the market so that I can make my project??? pls Help me.

Philips www.nxp.com stopped making the TDA7000 IC many years ago. They replaced it with other similar ICs. One radio "scans" to the next station when you press the Scan button.
It does not use a PLL circuit but instead has FLL which is just AFC that is used on cheap FM radios.

Those ICs make a very poor FM radio.
I can buy an FM radio that uses a Chinese copy of Philips' new IC for only $1.00 at The Dollar store. I have two that I got for free and their reception and sound quality is terrible.

Sir can U pls tell me what should I do? actually I need to develop a FM radio as my Engg project...so if its quality is poor then it will not matter much...can u pls suggest me any chip that is now available in market having a FLL that can be used to develop a FM radio.actually we have to demonstrate the project in front of our teachers...so we need to show that we have used FLL atleast to demodulate FM...

FLL is Frequency-Locked-Loop. It is the same as AFC (Automatic-Frequency-Control) that is used on cheap FM radios.

FLL is not a demodulator.
FLL is simple and is not a PLL which is a complicated Phase-Locked-Loop circuit.

New car radios and home stereos use a frequency synthesizer circuit with a PLL. But they probably don't use the PLL for demodulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back