Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to destroy a stereo player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedra

Hello.
Please help me. I am desperate! I have big problems with my neighbor.
He listen very loud music (gypsy music) and I cannot work at my computer, I can read, I cannot sleep, I cannot listen my own music.

I want to create an impulse generator to emit a unidirectional field (I do not want to disturb other neighbors) to destroy or disturb his stereo player (it may be CD player or tape player) but for sure is not radio because this kind of music was banned from radio/TV.

Do you have any ideas how to start?

In most countries there are laws against playing loud music in you home and desturbing the neighbours. I'd call the police if I were you, there must be some local authority you can report them to.

Well, I live in Romania.
Police do not get involved unless it is a very bad stuff: crime, accident, blood...
Anyway, in that apartment lives a big family (10 persons) of gypsy. Is not a good idea to call the cops. After the cops’ leaves, you remain alone with the gypsies.

So...
how can I build an EMP generator?

Which would take out everything in both your flat and your neighbours.

Belive me this is a very bad idea, if you can't talk to them and the law won't help then either move out or get some friend and familly together and seize their stereo and beat them up.

Just thinking, are they living their ilegally, if so you should be able to get them evicted.

This is way I need a directional impulse.

I found some schematics about how to generate powerful EMP, but I do not want to destroy the devices to other decent neighbors.

Do you think that a coil oriented to a direction and with a very very thick shield will do it?

fedra said:
This is way I need a directional impulse.

I found some schematics about how to generate powerful EMP, but I do not want to destroy the devices to other decent neighbors.

Do you think that a coil oriented to a direction and with a very very thick shield will do it?

No, such devices are 'mostly' science fiction.

Come on.
Do you say that I can't create an electromagnetic pulse strong enough to burn an electronic device (audio player) at 10-20 meters distance?

Or to generate an intermitent electromagnetic signal to induce noise in that device?

fedra said:
Come on.
Do you say that I can't create an electromagnetic pulse strong enough to burn an electronic device (audio player) at 10-20 meters distance?

I strongly doubt it! - the main source of EMP is a nuclear explosion in the atmosphere, do you have a suitable device?.

Or to generate an intermitent electromagnetic signal to induce noise in that device?

Perhaps to a radio?, but unlikely to a CD player?.

We know about that, but making it small enough to fit in your flat and be directional is impossible.

If you can see the sereo through the window you might be able to zap it using a microwave death ray made from an old microwave oven but this is highly dangerous. You'd be better off gathering a small army together, breaking down the door and giving them a good kicking.

EMP from nukes

Information modulated onto a microwave carrier should go through a single wall. My Linksys router, at 2.4 GHz., goes through a wall to my laptop outside for a distance of 30 feet. The power level is probably -40 to -60 dBm.

For your purposes geting any significant amount of microwave power will be difficult. The losses just mount up like crazy and the expense of making even a 10 Watt transmitter will knock your socks off.

Back to the EMP though, if you have a nuclear device for generating one why not just use the nuke on the neighbors. That'll serve them right. Of course limiting the damage to just their apartment will be a challenge.

Send them a letter saying theres a gypsy convention somewhere out of town, and while theyre gone, break in and wire explosives to their stereo. Or just break it. Either way works.

It's good to see that this board isn't humor challenged. a neighborhood size tactical nuclear device would solve the problem...

I would try a microphone to preamp to delay circuit to amplifier. screw the speakers to the common wall. you might have to experiment with the amount of delay. when they play it loud, it will sound distorted. they may think their stereo is broken. when they turn it down, the problem goes away. they may just leave it at a lower volume level. you should probably introduce it over a period of time, gradually making it louder so they think its the stereo going bad.

just don't get caught as they may not appreciate your engineering.

Last edited:
Do your other neighbors have a problem with stereo being loud? Maybe you could get enough people together to persuade them to move on. Oh, have you even tried asking them to keep it down? If this is a rental unit, perhaps the landlord can help. Most are willing to remove one nuicence tenent, rather than have several others move out.

Any hot looking gypsy girls? I don't mind the circus music...

i know in some parts of the world the police/army or whoever have a directional sound cannon that can vibrate the stomach/bowels at there resonant frequency to cause bodily fluids to fall out or up and out depending on where they hit. not something to be built at home though, still going through trials and cost millions

captaincaveman said:
i know in some parts of the world the police/army or whoever have a directional sound cannon that can vibrate the stomach/bowels at there resonant frequency to cause bodily fluids to fall out or up and out depending on where they hit. not something to be built at home though, still going through trials and cost millions

Didn't Mythbusters test that myth?, they were unable to duplicate it at VERY high sound levels, nor able to find any evidence it's ever been managed?.

Is it not possible to pick up the noise with a microphone than put it with a 180° phaseshift through a powerfull amplifier to cancel out the noise to your place?
Otherwise you may have too look at a remotely disconnect switch for their power to that house.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back