Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to design very very small 6V power supply @100mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil arora

i have little idea that this can be done by two methods
1> Tansformerless design
2> Switching power supply design

now i want to have very small transformer or no transformer at all

Please provide a link for other people who don't visit the other site.

sorry audio guru but i was searching for more ideas

And by this act I have got a different ideas:
1> Transformer less design explained on microchip website and other sites too.
2> Using ready-to-use modules from https://www.rohm.com

So i was looking for different views and different ideas
as there are very less people who visit many forums some gurus are helping at one forum only.........

so what do you want to use as power source to feed this power supply?
AC outlet? battery? car battery? solar cell?

input will be 220V 60hz ac outlet and i want to convert it into 6V 100mA DC in smallest possible space

The supply is for a new switch which will be placed instead of regular on/off switch for appliance, switch consists of proximity sensor so when a finger or hand comes near the switch toggles this is how the switch work so you don't have to touch the switch to making things on and off.

Now you must be aware how small are these switches so in that space i have to provide sensor and control electronics and power supply.

A switching power supply uses a high frequency so its transformer or inductor can be small. They usually switch their pass transistor fully on and fully off to avoid wasting power as heat like a linear regulator does. Then the width of each pulse can be changed to regulate the output voltage by using Pulse-Width-Modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back