Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I-trigue 2.1 3300 speakers volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.

developers

I got to fix a broken 9 pin connector of volume control for I-trigue 2.1 3300 speakers. Is there anybody skilled, who has this speakers, who can find out, how the wires are connected to the pins? There are 9 pins, but only 8 is used. I found out there are black, white, blue, green, red, yellow and light green wires. And one thick black wire for ground, which was only one to be fixed on its place. I attaches illustration of this male connector looking on it from outside (the side of pins).

1 - ground
2 - not used

Speakers are OK, Creative does not offer help on this issue, they persuade to buy a new one.

I appreciate any help.

Dave

PS.

Last edited:
Hi Dave.

I've had the same problem and have managed to get the speakers working but with only the volume control and the on/off switch. The bass can't be adjusted but it's working and the rest can be adjusted from the computer. I've attached your picture with the colours filled in. Perhaps someone can improve on this which would be a great help. I have also tried other wired remotes from different model numbers and they seem to work perfectly with my 3300 so perhaps someone has the colour codes for a different model of creative 2.1 speakers which will do the job?
View attachment 65880

Dino.

Last edited:
Hi Dino,

thank you for the diagram and info. I will try it and if it will work at least like in your case, would by fine.

Dave

It is a cheap Chinese product.
Throw it away and buy a better one.

hi guys, I have the same problem of developers, but I can not view your pictures, you can tell me the pin numbers and colors?

9 pin male2.JPG
Hers the image

This is the diagram of another controller which worked on my iTrigue 3300 speakers.

It worked but needed a little adjusting.

For instance the volume control could not be too high, or the bass.

It was never the perfect solution but my speakers were up and running.

I'll tell you, if I use this scheme, the LED does not light while if I put the dark green instead of white, it turns on but does not amplify

9 pinout.jpg

(looking at the cord's plug)
I-trigue 2.1 3300 speakers volume control
MMS240
N10225-T33022

This is what worked for me.
I was not sure about the black and the copper. They seemed to work either way. On the volume control unit where the regular black wire is connected, there is a resister between that and the copper on the circuit board, so I assume the copper is the common, but I'm really not sure which is which on the plug.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back