Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need urgent advise please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder

Hi everyone,

I joined the forum today, and I am glad I found this forum. Thanks to all of you who help poeple.

I have a concept (idea) that I am dreaming to produce, but I am stuck on the electronic part (the actual design of the PCB) as I don’t know much about electronics.

I was wondering if you guys know any company or individuals that help on the pre-design and the creation of PCB drawing.

I am still a student at the moment so I will be very interested in companies which charge reasonable fees, since I think the concept is not the most complicated!! Any suggestion, advice will be very much welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I joined the forum today, and I am glad I found this forum. Thanks to all of you who help poeple.

I have a concept (idea) that I am dreaming to produce, but I am stuck on the electronic part (the actual design of the PCB) as I don’t know much about electronics.

I was wondering if you guys know any company or individuals that help on the pre-design and the creation of PCB drawing.

I am still a student at the moment so I will be very interested in companies which charge reasonable fees, since I think the concept is not the most complicated!! Any suggestion, advice will be very much welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

hi,
If you state your location in would help in finding local companies.:)

Last edited:
Hi ericgibbs,

All I have is the outside box where I am gonna put the PCB in, ( managed to design myself usind 3d max CAD). Unfortunately I dont have any other technical details except the concept. But the concept is not too complicated I believe because I have seen far more complex stuff, But someone said that I need to install and program a chip that interprets some commands usinf RF remote control.

there are no limitation at this stage.

Thanks for your support

can you maybe use a software simulator (multisim or pspice) before you actually buy the PCB and built the circuit?
from what I read, it looks like you designed your own circuit, it's better to study it and test it before you build it on a PCB..

btw, i know 3dsmax and AutoCAD.. but what is 3dsmax CAD?

I meant 3dsmax without CAD, I am doing Mechanical Engineering, We dont use Electronic softwares such pspice. And I think you misunderstood what I meant ( I will be over the moon if I can design and test PCB on my own!!). I am ok with the mechanical design of of the product but when it comes to what is inside it I dont have much knowledge.

Hence I am looking for help and advise on how to transfer my concept into an electronic board.

What is the concept you need to build, and what limitations are there, eg. size etc

It will be difficult for me to describe the concept in writing as it needs at least 1 day to formulate. But all I can tell you it is about charging devices with USB powered devices (alredy exists in the market but I am looking to add other new features).

If you know companies or individuals that offer the concept to prototype service in London region that would be very much appreciated.

The concept is not too complex and I think it does not require highly skilled engineers to be drawn and there are no limitations that will cause a serious trouble.

Thanks for your reply

The limitations on the avaliable current from a standard USB port need to be considered, even a basic charging circuit used for example with mobile phones and PDA devices are only trickle charged as there are only a few milliamps avaliable.

Adding new features, while still maintaining a viable charging circuit, may be too much for a laptop or PC, without an external powered bus, to accomodate.

Keep me informed on any progress, Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back