Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to know

Rate tvtech

• Useless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clueless

• Stupid

• Troll

• Tries to keep ETO alive

• Tries to put smiles on serious faces

• Funny

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
My silence has only lasted two days. I don't like staying silent though. So with my thinking about stuff I have come up with a really easy solution that should be very Democratic to a forum such as this...registered users, members, mods, admins etc should decide my fate for me for the betterment of ETO.

What better way than a Poll for people that have interacted with me over the years and all that has happened here at ETO. I have been caught out before by a stirrer....never ever again. I fought a war here a while ago and still bear the scars. Now it's up to you all.

You either like, dismiss, tolerate, understand or laugh with me. Say your say. Call me anything you want. I can handle it. I just need to know.

Regards,
tv

Hi there TV, you missed an option in your poll...

All of the above. :D

You seem to be taking things very seriously at the moment, relax, take a chill-pill, don't get yourself all wound up.

JimB

A genuine Guy/Girl trying his or her best to find stupid funny humor in a seriously clueless World. In a attempt to keep ETO alive is putting funny smiles on seriously useless faces.
As to the question of troll, let the web cam speak for its self.
troll1.jpg

Hi Jim

tcm the one that started the last war has wound me up again.

Just need the truth. Hence the Poll.

Regards,
tv

Hi there TV, you missed an option in your poll...

All of the above. :D

JimB

At least we can joke Jim. I like that.

Good to see people around that do not take themselves too seriously :cool:

All the best,
tv

Since it is not anonymous, how are you going to count the non-votes?
upload_2015-1-17_12-59-3.png

Do you think this is an effective way to identify whatever it is that is bothering you?

John

I don't know John

At least I am trying something. Never did this before.
Polling myself to the whole of the ETO Community.

It's funny that I did this. Maybe we can all learn :)

Regards,
tv

This site was damaged last year by a few malcontent's who could not or would not follow the simple Forum rules they had agreed to abide by when they first registered with ETO. Why the Forum rules were rewritten to satisfy these trouble makers, beggars believe.

I sincerely hope the new Administration takes a tougher line with these few members.

I would like to see the site get more focussed on electronics technical discussions as it used to be, the clue is in the site name Eletro Tech Online, rather than drifting, as it is, towards a social media site.

Anyone who wants to post social media topics should consider signing up for Facebook or Twitter.

This Thread is typical of the topics which falls into that category.

Eric

This site was damaged last year by a few malcontent's who could not or would not follow the simple Forum rules they had agreed to abide by when they first registered with ETO. Why the Forum rules were rewritten to satisfy these trouble makers, beggars believe.

I sincerely hope the new Administration takes a tougher line with these few members.

I would like to see the site get more focussed on electronics technical discussions as it used to be, the clue is in the site name Eletro Tech Online, rather than drifting, as it is, towards a social media site.

Anyone who wants to post social media topics should consider signing up for Facebook or Twitter.

This Thread is typical of the topics which falls into that category.

Eric

I have been waiting for this Eric. You are a bitter person. I fought for you when tcm decided to bring you down and in the process bring ETO to it's knees.

I opened my mouth and fought for you. There were things going on that I took part in. I regret taking your or tcm's part now. Never again.

You have problems....sort it out yourselves.

Never involved again because the hate keeps coming. You Eric are at me tonight with my post...and tcm implied I was a
:troll: with his last post......

Fulk this.

Grow up.

tv

Never involved again because the hate keeps coming. You Eric are at me tonight with my post...and tcm implied I was a
:troll: with his last post......

I had to come to this site to learn what "Trolling" was and now I understand it's in the eye of the beholder. If someone gets charged up about something or feel someone keeps going on finding varied ways to initiate confrontation; Hm let me think.

Consider the Source tv; no one knows how to do it better than your supposed accuser.

As for Eric; I would consider his point of view; he's moved on and I feel it's time to let it go. This site is considered an Engineering Forum elsewhere on the NET. It's where Engineers are welcomed to come and hang out to share ideas and inspiration as we'll as those wanting to learn this art form.

I think it's doing just that; not many members will post here much anymore because the discussions in Electronic Forums have taken off. You have provided a little fun and laughter here; like (Jim Said) time to take that chill pill and consider the source. I just think it's a current drain; think of it as a Joule Thief. It'll drain your battery eventually; if you don't put in a breaker switch:)

kv

That is the reason for the "Members lounge"
Capture.jpg

"Relax and unwind" Non electronics stuff.....

tv, you are, at the very least, consistent, and I consider that a virtue, in that I know where you're coming from.

And as far as where you rant (or not, as you see fit), it seems to me that the "Members lounge" (as Ian points out) is the place for that. No foul , no penalty there. Just keep it clean...

A purely technical forum becomes a simple question and answer site, I agree the lounge should be at least one place people can go a little off topic or take the tie off and undo the top button.
Good to see Drama is still a feature though.

Little Ghostman is correct with his assessment. There needs to be a place to unwind.

TVTech is so wound up, he spends the majority of his time within the confines of this haven.

As far as ETO's place in the place we call the internet, it's still being written.

I'd recommend people investigate the other sites to see which are more effective and then analyze the reason's why. I can tell you a members lounge area certainly isn't the cause of any ineffectiveness.

hi,
I would agree with Joe, I can tell you a members lounge area certainly isn't the cause of any ineffectiveness.

The Members lounge is an great place to post off topics subjects where members can have a discussion, but what appears be happening its becoming where some members use it as a continuous outlet for all their personal moans and gripes.

How is it possible to have a discussion on a polling thread about the pro's and con's of whether Tvtech is a good thing or bad thing for ETO.?
Which ever way we 'vote' or comment, we are in a no win situation and its going to end up in another tit for tat thread.

This is demonstrated by my remarks about the Thread, which brought this response 'I have been waiting for this Eric. You are a bitter person', so by replying to the Thread, which the TS invited us to, I have been branded a 'bitter person'.? go figure.

Eric

hi,
I would agree with Joe, I can tell you a members lounge area certainly isn't the cause of any ineffectiveness.

The Members lounge is an great place to post off topics subjects where members can have a discussion, but what appears be happening its becoming where some members use it as a continuous outlet for all their personal moans and gripes.

How is it possible to have a discussion on a polling thread about the pro's and con's of whether Tvtech is a good thing or bad thing for ETO.?
Which ever way we 'vote' or comment, we are in a no win situation and its going to end up in another tit for tat thread.

This is demonstrated by my remarks about the Thread, which brought this response 'I have been waiting for this Eric. You are a bitter person', so by replying to the Thread, which the TS invited us to, I have been branded a 'bitter person'.? go figure.

Eric

Hello Eric

Three reasons why I started this poll:

1. To actually try and figure out how to do a poll with XenForo. Anybody else tried it?
2. Nothing to poll except myself. So I put balls to the wall and used myself and my character here as a test. Call it open season on myself if you want. People are welcome to say anything they want about me. I just need it said in my face and not behind my back :). My body might be falling apart but my backbone is still strong.
3. A little psychological forum experiment. Using myself as the bait.

I have been wanting to do something like this for a while. The results have been interesting :).

Thanks Guys. You are the best :cool:

Regards,
tv

Probably time for this thread to be closed.

Would a Mod please let it rest in peace.

Regards,
tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back