Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to know what 630A jack does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian1000

Please tell me what this thing does. The receiver of my landline would get so hot that it burnt my ear. Usually this happens only with a mobile phone. I changed the jack and put in a simple one, which solved the problem. This bizarre thing is the one I took out. It measures about 2 inches by 3 inches.

Here is some information I found about it. Other information was too technical. I couldn't understand it. I was wondering if this could be a tap on my phone. I have basic service, which would not require a sophisticated transistored jack. I realize that something is probably also in the phone, but I haven't been able to get it apart yet. The parts seem to have been glued together.

MIL MIL-PRF-19500/630A May-1997
Replaced by MIL MIL-PRF-19500/630B
Semiconductor device
Field effect radiation-hardened transistor
P-Channel
Silicon
Types 2N7389 and 2N7390 and 2N7390
JANTXV M, D, R, and F and JANS M, D, R, and F
(Superseding MIL-S-19500/630)
(Superseded by MIL-PRF-19500/630B)

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Lillian1000 said:
Please tell me what this thing does. The receiver of my landline would get so hot that it burnt my ear. Usually this happens only with a mobile phone. I changed the jack and put in a simple one, which solved the problem. This bizarre thing is the one I took out. It measures about 2 inches by 3 inches.

Here is some information I found about it. Other information was too technical. I couldn't understand it. I was wondering if this could be a tap on my phone. I have basic service, which would not require a sophisticated transistored jack. I realize that something is probably also in the phone, but I haven't been able to get it apart yet. The parts seem to have been glued together.

MIL MIL-PRF-19500/630A May-1997
Replaced by MIL MIL-PRF-19500/630B
Semiconductor device
Field effect radiation-hardened transistor
P-Channel
Silicon
Types 2N7389 and 2N7390 and 2N7390
JANTXV M, D, R, and F and JANS M, D, R, and F
(Superseding MIL-S-19500/630)
(Superseded by MIL-PRF-19500/630B)

Thank you for any information you can provide.

You found this transistor in your wall-plate(630A) phone jack? :D

The feds are on to you.

Darn! I thought it was only NYPD Intelligence again. Seriously, what is it? A landline jack isn't supposed to burn your ear!

It *was* the wall plate phone jack. It was covered with a metal plate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back