Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to figure out how to convert/interface two......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Rodgers

I have a friend who is a chiropractor out in the country-the table he works with has a 110 volts AC to 24volts DC converter that pulls 7.7 amps of current.Now heres the thing-when there is a power outage during a storm,he either needs to raise or lower the table somehow,and he's thinking of running an automotive "cigarette lighter" 12volt DC to 110 AC volt converter(from his vehicle outside) rated 85 watts continuous power with a 15 amp fuse.Do you think he would burn up something here? He only needs to put the table back into the "down" position usually.It uses a motor to raise or lower the table,this is the 24 volt operated part.Anyone?would you think he would need a heftier DC to AC converter?Thank you!........dr

I would suggest he just buys two car batteries and puts them in series, this will give 24V and be nice and cheap - plus it will work the table for a considerable time!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back