Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some transformer solder terminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I finished winding my 48 volt transformer today now I need some transformer solder terminals. Some transformers have metal solder type terminals glued into the winding covering. On ebay the new transformers now have plastic terminal blocks mounted to the laminations. Anything will work where do I buy some?

I did an ebay search but found nothing I might be looking up the wrong name?

My secondary winding is #14 enamel coated copper rated 48VAC 15 Amps with CT.

Simple ring or spade wire terminals will do fine. Anchoring them is the issue. I've taken heavy gauge (12-14) solid bare wire in short (1"-2") pieces, crimp or solder them in with the conductor, and use them as the anchor. Bend this anchor stub whichever way gives you best strength. G.H. <<<)))

Some transformers have metal solder type terminals glued into the winding covering.
Most are made into the transformer bobin. Why not just use stranded wire like some of them do?
Sometimes called Flying Leads.

CA-18-VTB1847_composite_600.jpg

I finished winding my 48 volt transformer today now I need some transformer solder terminals. Some transformers have metal solder type terminals glued into the winding covering. On ebay the new transformers now have plastic terminal blocks mounted to the laminations. Anything will work where do I buy some?

I did an ebay search but found nothing I might be looking up the wrong name?

My secondary winding is #14 enamel coated copper rated 48VAC 15 Amps with CT.

just wondering why u wound ur own transformer, instead of just buying a 48 V transformer?

and what exactly is a 48 V transformer? arent transformers spec'd by 2 voltages (primary and secondary)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back