Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasitha1984

i want to extract data (from a satellite receiver) via an rs 232 interface (known as the debug port of the satellite receiver), using a ATMEL microprocessor.
this rs 232 port can be connected to the PC and the debug messages can be viewed using the hyper terminal. is there any way to read those data using an ATMEL microprocessor and save to a memory?

Yes, just read the serial data using the AVR, and store it in memory - it's really very simple, depending on how much memory you need, and if you have to use external storage.

To Mr. Nigel Goodwin

Thank you for the reply. ya, i need to know how it can be achieved. i mean, it will be great if you can send me a sample code in order to program the ATmega 128, since i'm very much new to this field. please treat me as to a biginner.

Thank you for the reply. ya, i need to know how it can be achieved. i mean, it will be great if you can send me a sample code in order to program the ATmega 128, since i'm very much new to this field. please treat me as to a biginner.

I don't use AVR, but there are PIC examples in my tutorials - if you google you should find plenty of AVR serial examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back