Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need some help ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mino54

hi all; i need some help wiring this 115 vac,1 phase,1amp gearmotor;
is the capacitor connected in parallel with the field and the armature windings or is it connected to the armature windings alone.
the motor tag shows 5 wires (two for power and i think two for newtral with one grnd)

____________black/yellow t/r
(____________ blue/yellow t/r
(
(_____________ black____________________
(______________(10 UF CAP)___ blue_____]------line
(_____________________ green/yellow (grnd)

note....rotate blue/yellow and black wires for ccw rotation

will this make black/yellow tr and blue/yellow tr connected to the neutral (white wire) and black,blue to line power (black wire)with a 10 microfarrads capacitor connected to the blue wire only, does this make the blue wire the feeder for the armature?

any help will be appreciated
mino54

The 10 uF cap is in series with one of the field windings. I doubt there is any connection to the armature. There should be a centrifically operated switch that disconnects the cap when the motor is up to speed.

Yes, it probably doesn't even have an armature, it's probably a squirrel cage induction motor, the middle bit is called the rotot and the windings are called the stater.

Does it have brushes, if so it's a universal motor and the capacitor is for power factor correction but I doubt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back