Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadjaki

I have an LM555 in 12Vdc and i want to make it have 65duty cycle when i put voltage in pin 5 through a resistor of 10k.and i have to found the voltage to make that duty cycle.And the second one question is:when i change the duty cycle the frequency changes and why?i cant do it please help me

I have an LM555 in 12Vdc and i want to make it have 65duty cycle when i put voltage in pin 5 through a resistor of 10k.and i have to found the voltage to make that duty cycle.And the second one question is:when i change the duty cycle the frequency changes and why?i cant do it please help me
The datasheet for the LM555 shows a "PWM Circuit" that is a monostable that has modulation on its pin5 and its frequency does not change. The datasheet also has a "Pulse Position Modulator circuit" that you are using that is an astable oscillator and the modulation on its pin5 changes the duty-cycle and changes the frequency.

re

yeah i know but how can i find the voltage to take 65%duty cycle?in my circuit R1=47K,R2=20K,C1=2.7n and C2=1n(capacitor on pin 5 and ground).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back