Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_ECE

:confused: hello people... its theres anyone knows about WIREless LIGHT DIMMER? pls help me to build that kind of dimmer....
and is it possible to build a wireless light dimmer instead by using POTENIOMETER, i will use a digital control, i mean by one clicking for example the button it will increase or decrease the light of bulb...
is it possible......

I'm sure it's an ECE school project as are all AND_ECEs posts. I don't think he has ever managed to complete one.
Last time he was stuck on a very simple burglar alarm project with a relay, therefore a wireless project should be trivial.

AND_ECE said:
:confused: hello people... its theres anyone knows about WIREless LIGHT DIMMER? pls help me to build that kind of dimmer....
and is it possible to build a wireless light dimmer instead by using POTENIOMETER, i will use a digital control, i mean by one clicking for example the button it will increase or decrease the light of bulb...
is it possible......

thats impossible! who's ever used a light dimmer w/o a pot?

it can't be done, it can't!

maybe u can find a silly way out.......
connect the knob of potentiometer 2 servo and control it from microcontroller with the help of relay...( very stupid..hmm bt i wonder..);-)

quixotron said:

They used to be commonplace, there were even specific chips made for doing so, touch controlled with an input for an IR receiver. Made by Telefunken I think?.

A pot is only one way of controlling things!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
They used to be commonplace, there were even specific chips made for doing so, touch controlled with an input for an IR receiver. Made by Telefunken I think?.

A pot is only one way of controlling things!.

As a degreed electrical engineer from purdue i know that. I was just being sarcastic/a wise guy, but obviously, some people didn't catch on...

my mistake.

quixotron said:

Sure it can. The lighting section down at the home store is full of dimmers without pots. Some use buttons, some use touch-sensitive sliders, some use what appear to be digital encoders.

And then there are stage lighting computers, which use digitally-controlled dimmer banks. You can also control some dimmers with MIDI. Et cetera.

Torben

[Edit - Nevermind; I was writing my response as you were writing yours.]

Such fun.
Probably the simplist way to build a wireless light dimmer would be use an existing ir remote and build a small microcontrolled dimmer with ir.

quixotron said:
As a degreed electrical engineer from purdue i know that. I was just being sarcastic/a wise guy, but obviously, some people didn't catch on...

my mistake.

Perhaps you should reconsider your communication skills?, you appear to have no understanding of email or forum communications?.

If you wish to be 'sarcastic' you need to add a smiley to show this, as it was your post was a simple statement of your opinion which seemed in harmony with your previous posts?.

I'm staggered to hear you have a dgeree in Electrical Engineering though?, never heard of Purdue - but that's probably not surprising!..

Oh come now Nigel, surely you have heard of Purdue University in Lafayette, Indiana?
However, maybe as a backup to Electrical Engineering, he should have taken a few lessons here:
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/

JimB

Yes you can construct the light dimmer. But you should separately construct wireless transmitter and then the dimmer section. For wireless communication you should choose the means i.e. either optical using IR or using radio signal.

For FM or AM transmitter you can find circuit diagram at

http://explorecircuits.com/cir_radio_fm.htm
or
http://explorecircuits.com/cir_radio_am.htm

But if you prefer to make remote control using optics then you can find it at

http://explorecircuits.com/cir_control_controller_1.htm

Next step is to construct a light dimmer and can be easily done using analog or digital system

light dimmer circuit using a microcontroller can be found at
http://explorecircuits.com/micro.htm

similarly light dimmer based on analog components can be found at
http://explorecircuits.com/cir_control_controller_2.htm

Siemens S566B Dimmer

AND_ECE said:
by one clicking for example the button it will increase or decrease the light of bulb...
is it possible......

The siemans chip works with a touch pad

Touch briefly - on / off (toggled)
Touch and hold - lamp goes brighter or dimmer (direction toggles with each touch)

**broken link removed**

(All you need now is a wireless link)

use 8 pin PIC

Hello AND_ECE,

you can use 8pin PIC with shunt regulator for supply, IR for wireless & TRIAC for controlling the lamp.

;) also you can try for things such as auto intensity control. you can put it as energy saving in your school project apart from wireless "- ! -".

Its me again!!!

:D hello repapips.....MUSTA
WE are talking about Wireless right!!
what if in the wireless light dimmer, in the side of a transmitter what if am using Nokia 5110 cellphone? it is possible?

AND_ECE said:
what if in the wireless light dimmer, in the side of a transmitter what if am using Nokia 5110 cellphone? it is possible?

Ha ha ha You crack me up AND_ECE, yes im sure that the subject you started was about wireless light dimmer, sometimes i wonder who you really are, NO ONE but you could ask so many questions and still not have a clue what anyone is saying to you, because you always ask the same questions.

so you ask, in the side of a transmitter what if am using Nokia 5110 cellphone?

you cellphone need dimmer inside button side of wireless transmitter now you fully no to do this right??? shorly you understand what im saying dont you siiisooo sorry i mean AND_ECE :D

AND_ECE said:

hey buddy AND_ECE :D :D
I always wondering, who you are and your country ? you are filipino , right ?

hello repapips.....MUSTA
ECE = Electronics and Communication Engineering

wikipedia:
Filipinos are the citizens of the Philippines

shaneshane1 said:
Ha ha ha You crack me up AND_ECE, yes im sure that the subject you started was about wireless light dimmer, sometimes i wonder who you really are, NO ONE but you could ask so many questions and still not have a clue what anyone is saying to you, because you always ask the same questions.

so you ask, in the side of a transmitter what if am using Nokia 5110 cellphone?

you cellphone need dimmer inside button side of wireless transmitter now you fully no to do this right??? shorly you understand what im saying dont you siiisooo sorry i mean AND_ECE :D
will am asking theres no bad with that.... hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back