I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have the same RDP383N headunit and want to connect an mp3 player. Some guy on ebay wants £40 for a lead to do this!!
From reading the above, I understand that the headunit just needs a 6v input on the certain DIN plug pin plus the appropriate audio inputs. Is this correct? And in the linked jpg the guy has the mp3 audio out connected to certain DIN pins, plus another 12v feed through a 5k resistor to the DIN. So, two questions:

1. The headunit I have has the DIN socket and two red/white line-in sockets. Presumably I can jsut connect the mp3 player audio out directly to these rather than the DIN, and just provide the 6v to the DIN? Or does the audio have to go via DIN as well?

2. The jpg has the 6v feed coming from an external 12v source, but above you were talking about putting a 1k resistor between a couple of the DIN pins, is this because theres a 12 or 6v output available on one of these, which is being routed back in ?

and to the original poster - did this work on your headunit??

many thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…