Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrMikey83 said:
Yes, the 5k resistor provides a voltage drop to 6v.

Looking at the deck, from the back.

Right channel is pin2
Left channel is pin3
Ground is pin8
Control is pin5

On the mini plugs, tip is right channel, left is next and base is ground.

If you get noise try tying the pin 1 and pin 8 together.

This sounds to me like the way to go. It sounds like it worked for him. Someone else said it didn't work for them on their stereo, but they also said it didn't screw up their radio so I guess all you have to do is try it. Good luck.
~Mike

I have the same RDP383N headunit and want to connect an mp3 player. Some guy on ebay wants £40 for a lead to do this!!
From reading the above, I understand that the headunit just needs a 6v input on the certain DIN plug pin plus the appropriate audio inputs. Is this correct? And in the linked jpg the guy has the mp3 audio out connected to certain DIN pins, plus another 12v feed through a 5k resistor to the DIN. So, two questions:

1. The headunit I have has the DIN socket and two red/white line-in sockets. Presumably I can jsut connect the mp3 player audio out directly to these rather than the DIN, and just provide the 6v to the DIN? Or does the audio have to go via DIN as well?

2. The jpg has the 6v feed coming from an external 12v source, but above you were talking about putting a 1k resistor between a couple of the DIN pins, is this because theres a 12 or 6v output available on one of these, which is being routed back in ?

and to the original poster - did this work on your headunit??

many thanks for your help

cornishben said:
MrMikey83 said:
Looking at the deck, from the back.

Right channel is pin2
Left channel is pin3
Ground is pin8
Control is pin5
Just an update on this if someone gets a chance to answer. I tested the DIN socket on my headunit last night - with the intention to try applying a 6v control input to pin5 to tell it a changer was attached. However, pin5 has 12v present on it. When the unit was playing the following voltages were present
pin1 5v
pin2 5v
pin3 0v
pin4 5v
pin5 12v
pin6 0v
pin7 12v

I presume from this, I can't use pin5 as a control?
Thanks,ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back