Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightvin

dear folks,

Please help me design a temperature control for my incubator with temperature range of 27-30 degrees Celsius. Please please help me...

I suggest you check these forums as there are dozens of threads on this very subject. Please do a forum search.

Ron

do you have any details on what exactly your trying to do? i have a few threads on here with an incubator project. i also use a humidity sensor (sht71). are you going to use digital sensing like dallas ds18s20 or the analogue way with the LM's?

Try posting a discriptive title in future as a title of "i need help" prompts me to tell you to see a doctor.

Pete.

Try posting a discriptive title in future as a title of "i need help" prompts me to tell you to see a doctor.

Pete.

<rant>

<off topic> :)

I really agree on that note. The thread title should include something (anything) topic related. This is where a "Sticky" would be nice in some of the sections along the lines of "How To Get Good Help" but then too, it would only be of value if people read it.

</off topic> :)

</rant>

Ron

Don't overly worry about it, no big deal and pretty common. It does make for good help when something is included about the topic/problem. Hope the incubator project works out well and let the forum know.

Ron

do you have any details on what exactly your trying to do? i have a few threads on here with an incubator project. i also use a humidity sensor (sht71). are you going to use digital sensing like dallas ds18s20 or the analogue way with the LM's?

I 'm planning to set-up an egg incubator for various farm avians from chicken to ostrich in one unit. i need both digital and analog sensing coz the parts may not be available in our place. please send me details on humidity sensing and control.

thanks a lot!

hi, where abouts are you? if you think you will have a problem getting parts its unlikely you will get the humidity sensors i use. can you describe exactly how you wish the incubator to function. i assume you wont be incubating several different different kinds of eggs at the same time? are you going to use a seperate hatcher? what kind of turning mechanism do you intend to use?
what are you going to use for the heating element? how many eggs do you intend to incubate at once? i will try and help as much as i can but we need a full description of the project, many people think a incubator is simple and indeed it can be but for best results there are many questions you will need to think about and answer
regards jason

hello jason, i'm from Philippines particularly in Northern Mindanao. i need a multi-species incubator capable of accommodating wide range of avian eggs from chicken to ostrich-sized. as to temperature, it would be pegged at 36-39 degrees Celsius. humidity is a factor to consider since it would be a multi-species egg incubator. i'm also trying to integrate an automatic egg turner too.

several points spring to mind. and please keep in mind i am not trying to be difficult or put you off the project, what follows is my attempt to help you build a good incubator.
first off you need to consider if you want a top end incubator with exceptional hatch rate sucess (this will cost money) or can you settle for a less exspensive slightly lower hatch rate.
when considering this be realistic. think about what your likely to be hatching most of, for example we have incubators here that are reserved for hatching high end eggs such as those from rare breed birds of prey or parrots, theese incubators cost a fortune to build and run, but the value of each egg is very high so it ballances out.
we have more normal incubators that we use for general hatching that arnt as complicated or exspensive to build but the hatch rate is slightly lower.
incubating different species together and getting optimal hatch rates is just about impossiable to achieve. if you settle on doing this then you will have to except lower sucess rates of hatch. for example hatching ducks and chickens eggs together is common but you have to favour one or the other with the settings, for examples duck eggs do best generaly with a 23 min cooling period where the heat is allowed to decline slowly for 23mins the turner should also be off dureing this time as the membranes in the egg start to contract everso slightly but can lead to internal blood vessel rupture (you cant see this without a microscope). chickens on the other hand do best with 3 7min rest periods each day, but the auto turner can be left on.
some duck species do best with 5 or 7 complete turns a day while chickend do better with 9 or 11 turns. also humidity (optimal) is different for both. geese are again a whole different ball game and realy do way better on there own with a exclusive setup (last few years we hatched around 20,000 geese a year). the point i am trying to make is decide now what your main goal is. how advanced do you want the incubator? in a high end incubator you also need to carefuly consider airflow.
if your main aim is just an 'incubator' then thats pretty easy and cheap. also you need to decide how many eggs you want the incubator to hold this is realy step one as it has alot of implications on the design.
have a long think on what you want and i will help you where i can

thanks for the thought Jason, whew! it wasn't easy...ok, i will again convene my group to re-draw the idea of multi-species incubator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back