Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr_stitch

I just recieved a TC7117 A/D Converter in the mail today and decided to wire it all up on my breadboard using the schematic in its datasheet, but when I apply power, nothing happens. There is a test pin, which works, but other than that, I'm stumped! Anyone help?
I know that I need an anlog input (hence a/d converter) and was advised to tie the analog pin high which would act as an analog input, but that didn't work either.
I added the schematic I used for reference. Any help would be awesome!

Attachments

• adc.jpg
    adc.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 167
What is the display hold, pin 1, connected to? It needs to be at ground for continuous readout.

The normal input range is 0V to 200mV to 2V full-scale depending upon the voltage at Vref (Vref = 100mV for 200mV full-scale, Vref = 1V for 2V full-scale). Thus you can apply a DC voltage from a power supply or voltage divider to the A/D input and it will display the voltage relative to the reference voltage. For good accuracy you should add an external reference diode to generate Vref.

Last edited:
Well from what I understand, pin 1 is used to hold whatever the display is showing. Supposedly, from what the datasheet says, you tie it high (say, maybe with a push-button) and it will hold the display until you release it. But thanks for the tip! I'll see if I can manage to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back