Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with design of cutoff schematic but am not getting much. PLZ help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

I am just looking for a schematic that will help me do 2 tasks

In my RC truck I am trying to run some things off of a second 11.1v lipo battery.

I am looking to find a circuit that will cutoff the load that is connected to the battery when the battery reaches 9v. But I would also like it to have a alarm or warning before it cuts power to load.

I need it to stay off until I replace the battery with a charged one, so it does not damage the lithium battery.

Can someone anyone help me with this circuit by maybe drawing me a schematic?

I have tried to use multiple schematic drawing tools so I can draw and test myself but I cannot find the components I need in the software I downloaded.
SO I am stuck.

please help!

thank you

My first thought is you need two comparators.
One for alarm, other to stop current reaching the load.

In your other thread you were helped with a circuit that disconnects the battery and you found a comparator circuit that could sound a beeper.

Why are you asking the same things again in this new thread?

I am just confused and still think I need help.
I was re-writing the question more simply in hopes to get another response.
In the other thread I had one cutoff circuit and a buzzer circuit.
but the buzer circuit was said to have an error in it and you sugjested I use a LM393 8 pin IC.
I think that would be good idea but I have no schematic for that as well.
so I need help including a buzzer circuit into the schematic with the cutoff voltage circuit

The Cutoff circuit this one will probably work good for me.

**broken link removed**

Can you tell me how I can add a buzzer circuit to that same schematic to include either this buzzer circuit
or a new one using the LM393 instead of the LM339.

**broken link removed**

as you can see it is not a direct swap of two parts so I am confused which to use and how to include/add the buzzer circuit to the cutoff circuit.?

**broken link removed**

thanks again,
sorry for re posting.
I dont want to be a pita
i am just a newb

Last edited:
Keep the low voltage shutoff circuit separate from the low voltage beeper circuit.

It is easy to correct the schematic of the low voltage beeper circuit that uses an LM339. Its input symbols were on the wrong pins and it is not powerful enough to drive an LED plus a beeper.
Then it is easy to use half of an LM393 in the circuit like this:

Attachments

• low voltage beeper.PNG
    low voltage beeper.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 501
Thank you! thank you! thank you!!!!

I think I was just being slow lately.
it is making more sense to me now.

but with election stuff.
and I just put an offer on a house today. :)

and my smoker on my RC truck being completed just needing a voltage cutoff and alarm circuit haha.
I can move onto another project.
So thank you soo much for the help
I am going to make both and figure out where to attatch them soon.
here is a quick video I made of the smoker in action if anyone wants to see :O)
I said thanks to you all in my Credits. lol :O)

(just uploaded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdDdEOerNY

I mean it thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back