Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help on wireless detonator using some 555 and relays.. plz..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamm3rst0rm

can anyone teach me how to make a wireless detonator using some 555 and relays for my firecrackers.. must be re-usable..

probably not 555's ... why not wired? they are much easier :D , i guess if you must there are some remote control/ transmitter-reciever circuits, but personally, i'd just sacrifice a cheap wireless doorbell... let us know what you think..

Are you looking for .......

hamm3rst0rm said:
can anyone teach me how to make a wireless detonator using some 555 and relays for my firecrackers.. must be re-usable..

... the same kind of device the terrorists are using to set off "firecrackers" against our troops in Iraq?
How many kilos are your firecrackers?
........ See; how many strange questions pup up when you don't fill in your
location..........

Yeah, my first thought on reading this was IED. [sarcasm]Sure, I'm going to help THAT.[/sarcasm]My second thought was "I wonder how long it will take the FBI to show up on your doorstep?"

But even if the OP just wants it for some legit purpose, someone else with less honorable intent could use the answer just as well. So, I certainly hope no one helps. Make the bad guys figure it out on their own (not that hard...).
....... See; how many strange questions pup up when you don't fill in your
location..........
or don't describe the actual application.

:eek: i hope i havent said too much!! well, not really. But yeah, I suppose you guys are right .. why in the world do you want to have a fireworks show in your backyard??

mike11298 said:
:eek: i hope i havent said too much!! well, not really. But yeah, I suppose you guys are right .. why in the world do you want to have a fireworks show in your backyard??

I was given a case of firecrackers a couple of years ago, and still have most of them... I use to throw a pack out the back door when I saw a cat or something in the yard. Haven't had many cats visit in a while. Use to think of wireless schemes, so I could just press a button and what kitty hit the fence on the security monitor. Never came up with a good igniter though, usually get destroyed after a single use.

But posting details about explosives, detonators, and such is a very bad idea. There is no control over who gets to see it, or how it might be used. Anybody searching the web, with google and probably others can see what we post. Don't even need to be a member. Terrorism SUX. People are always bashing America for trying to do something about it, but I don't see anybody else with a better solution. We don't have to deal with suicide bombers (yet), but the terrorists still control some of our freedoms.

Anyway, most people here won't provide detailed information. It's not so much that anyone thinks the OP is a terrorist, but a terrorist might be search the web for the same thing...

If you want reusable then go for a TV fly-back, Google it if you're unsure.

If you want wireless then use a wireless doorbell as was previously suggested.

Detonator for a firecracker? Ive lit them in my hands and held them! You are obviously going to use this for somthing like, a bomb? Where are you going to light off your "firecracker"? Perhaps next to a CONVOY OF US TROOPS?

You are not able to be trusted.

Assuming it's fireworks you really ought to just go with a control board that is literally hardwired to it and connected with phone cord or something.

There was a guy working on a fireworks detonator a little while ago actually.

The guy who started this thread hasn't been back. The terrorist thing must have scared him off. Only been a few days...

My remote firecracker interest was only to terrorize the neighbors cats (had more then 20 at one point). Since he brought the population down to 6, haven't seen much of them. It was just a pain to drop what I was doing and rush through the house.

I do agree that posting detonator/radio control details isn't a good idea. Unfortunately there are many other uses, but so easy for some fool to use them badly. Kids at school are getting as bad as the those camel buggers we're fighting in the middle east.

I'm not gonna get into politics here. But on the topic of school kids, being one myself and knowing how I quite enjoy the use of fireworks and whatnot I think it's not fair to say that we are as bad as people planting IED's.

Most kids are smart enough to take general safety precautions to avoid killing someone else, and they certainly DON'T do it to cause damage to someone. That being said these kids that are making improvised detonators and whatnot will most likely end up as engineers in 20-30 years.

EDIT: If they aren't dead.

so sad..

for those guys in politics, terrorism etc. it is okay to give your own opinions.. but for me.. i just want to know how those things work when all hooked up (555,relay, etc.). i don't know if you guys heard about "pvc pipe cannon".. powered by denatured alcohol.. ignited by electronic lighter spark (gas stove lighter).. i made one of them but it seems 1 barrel of that cannon isn't enough for my satisfaction.. im just planning a simultaneous firing system for multiple barrels.. ex. 3barrels? 4? 5? etc... like 1 switch for those and fires each barrel in 1 second delay to another?!.. got this idea at the discovery channel.. "Power zone" or "Future weapons"? i cant recall it but the topic is about "multi launch rocket system".. "mlrs".. wondering if how can i apply that for my pvc cannon.. cause its so cool.. perhaps.. =(

Last edited:
Your cannon is a very old toy, called a 'spud-gun'. The used hair spray for fuel. If you search using 'Spud gun', you'll find all kinds of variations and modifications on the web. I remember a shop teach in high school telling us about it, from his childhood. It's one of those semi-dangerous things some people play with, and never out grow. Small firecrackers are my limit, what to be mostly intact when I get old.

You can make some pretty dangerous weapons with bangers, put one of them in a glass bottle and you have a nasty glass grenade. I've seen it been done before and I wouldn't like to think of what would happen if it was used on someone.

The ones I have would even bust an orange off my tree. Doubt it'll do much to a beer bottle (have to remember to try that next time...).

Lol harvey, everybody in florida has a orange tree in their yard...

I have dead trees :(

so happy..

at last! positive replies for my thread!! im so sorry guys if i posted my thread w/o complete specification on what im planning to do to my project.. anyway.. so my pvc pipe cannon name is actually (Spud gun?).. thanks for the infos.. ill try to search for it..

Harvey : thanks for your kindness..:eek:

to all : i have to thank you guys for the pointers on my wrongly, incomplete and dangerous (to others) thread..:(

to all : any ideas still counts.. please let me learn something more from you guys.. thanks:)

hammerstorm,

PVC pipe cannon or 'BOGA'...i think i know where you came from...

about your inquiry of wireless firing system (don't use detonator word here for they might misinterpret it as of something else...)

i might able to help you if we have the same location...pm me for queries...

I would not think this thread had any use in this forum. I can not think of any legitimate use for average Joe to construct a device that facilitates RC ( read remote, non wired, un-locateable etc.) detonation of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back