Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help on stepper motors..please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessel

im doing a project now on automated stockroom that uses a lifter in transfering the boxes inside. i need to know what kind of motor should be used precisely to control the lifter. is it ok if stepper motors will be used? i don't have knowledge on such motors. can u please provide me?

jessel said:
im doing a project now on automated stockroom that uses a lifter in transfering the boxes inside. i need to know what kind of motor should be used precisely to control the lifter. is it ok if stepper motors will be used? i don't have knowledge on such motors. can u please provide me?
If you don't know enough about motors and physics to realize that you need to specify the weight being lifted and the rate at which it is being lifted, you have a long way to go. Perhaps you should choose something simpler. :roll:

Jessel,

Almost any motor will do. Stepper great for positioning. Requires knowledge.

Servo excellent in positioning,speed and power. Also Requires knowledge

Straight DC motor with shaft encoder used in closed loop replicating a Servo motor,would also work. Also, it too, requires knowledge of motor and engineering.

Like RonH said, you need to give at least some information as to what you know in motion and automation controls. Projects like yours are not done in one day.

Be more specific, as to the distance or length of object being moved, the mass being moved, and how many times it will do this per hr. All this has to be considered.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back