Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help on how to build an interface unit to an already existing electricitymeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonasah

please i need help on how to build an already exist electricity meter using a microcontroller
i really need help on how to use the microcontroller and which type of microcontroller to use
thank you

please i need help on how to build an already exist electricity meter using a microcontroller
i really need help on how to use the microcontroller and which type of microcontroller to use
thank you

Posting every seven minutes won't expedite your answer.

In your other thread you wanted it to look like a prepaid meter. Excuse my cynical mind but the only purpose I could think of involves fraud.

The meters of that type in the USA have tamper-resistant measures on them to prevent fraud.

Build an opto led / infra red transistor which can read or scan the marks on the disc from the meter, through the meterglass.

Do not tamper with the meter which can incur a stiff penalty by the utility company !

The impulses can be counted and put into a counter or database.
The revs / kWh are usually marked on the meter nameplate.

eg 240 rev / kWh

Duct Tape a webcam to the glass. Then write some software to read it. Really easy.

:D :D

The LCD meter may have a impulse LED from which you should be able to pick up an impulse with a bit of luck, otherwise put a private checkmeter in series with the POCO supply meter.

You'd also need illumination, which could just be another LED that flashes on which you want to take the reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back