Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help of this Relay circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bought the relay, how are we supposed to have the data sheet for it? =) There should be a basic schematic printer right on the relay.

If you can't find a data sheet for it, use a multimeter to determine what each pin is connected to.

You will be able to determine which pins are connected to the coil as there will be a resistance between them.

The NC contacts should have a very low resistance and you will have to apply a voltage to the coil to operate the relay if you want to identify the NO contacts.

While the relay is operated, check that the NC contacts are open.

xiaobai00 said:
and now one problem that is confusing me about switches indicated with "S". May i know what kind of switch in order to ask from the staff in any store.
i need some answers for this. =(

S is just an abbreviation for "switch"

You have to specify what switches you need according to the voltage and current that they have to switch.

S7 has to be able to switch 12 Volt at whatever current the relay coil requires. For example, if the coil resistance is 400 Ohm, then the current is 12/0.4 = 30 mA. So a switch rated at 30 V DC and 100 mA would suffice.

But S8 has to be able to switch the mains voltage and the total appliance current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back