Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help in schematic diagram of SAP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andales

Can anyone give me a complete schematic diagram of SAP1(simple as possible)computers where all wires and components are connected.

I have to draw the schematic diagram of SAP1 on a tracing paper manually.

andales said:
Can anyone give me a complete schematic diagram of SAP1(simple as possible)computers where all wires and components are connected.

I have to draw the schematic diagram of SAP1 on a tracing paper manually.
Why does it have to be on tracing paper? Nobody in their right mind would do a schematic that way unless they had way too much time on their hands. Maybe I'm missing something here, but this is just about the strangest request I've heard on the forums to date.

The first two pages of Google hits on "SAP1 Computer" yielded nothing. What exactly is this thing you are talking about?

Last edited:
Papabravo, I forget to mention that I am a student and my teacher requires our class to draw it manually.

SAP1 is a typo. It should just be SAP I think. SAP is an acronym for "Simple as Possible". Are you saying your prof just wants you to wire up a microcontroller?

It sounds like figuring out what the computer connections IS the assignment and you are basically asking for an online copy of the answer so you can copy it down onto paper. Maybe you should ask your teacher for clarification and then proceed to do your own homework.

Last edited:
andales said:
Papabravo, I forget to mention that I am a student and my teacher requires our class to draw it manually.
I see. In order to draw something you must have access to it. Is it a design from a book or other material that you have access to, but that we do not. As I said, a quick Google search produced no interesting results in the first two pages. Perhaps you could give us a link to what your teacher is talking about.

I have a very low opinion of your teacher for giving you such an assignment. You're learning nothing by tracing someone elses design. You have no opportunity for creative thought or analysis and no chance to learn anything useful. If I were you I'd ask for my tuition money back since your teacher is wasting your time with BS assignments like that one.

Try googling for "bare bones computer" or "simplest computer" or something or "as simple as possible computer" like that rather than "SAP computer". Actually...they are still complicated to wire up manually...Are you sure it's supposed to be a schematic or a block diagram?

dknguyen said:
SAP1 is a type. It should just be SAP I think. SAP is an acronym for "Simple as Possible". Are you saying your prof just wants you to wire up a microcontroller?

It sounds like figuring out what the computer connections IS the assignment and you are basically asking for an online copy of the answer so you can copy it down onto paper. Maybe you should ask your teacher for clarification and then proceed to do your own homework.

Yep! your right mate but we are not going to build a microcontroller, we have to understand it first and then we proceed to SAP 2.

I found a book that have the schematics for SAP 1 in our library but the problem is the schematics of program counter, Input and MAR, 16x8 RAM, Instruction Register, Controller/Sequencer, Accumulator, Adder/Subtractor, B Register, Output register, Binary Display power supply are on separate pages and they are quite confusing coz of many wires and components. I need a schematic that has all the components connected together.

Use net names rather than drawing wires connecting everything. Draw each of the chunks separately and then label wires that should connect to each other with the same name rather than drawing a line and making it all messy and intertwined. People who use circuit design software use that, so you don't have a chance in hell of pulling this off by hand if you don't. Then copy it straight out of your book.

andales said:
Yep! your right mate but we are not going to build a microcontroller, we have to understand it first and then we proceed to SAP 2.

I found a book that have the schematics for SAP 1 in our library but the problem is the schematics of program counter, Input and MAR, 16x8 RAM, Instruction Register, Controller/Sequencer, Accumulator, Adder/Subtractor, B Register, Output register, Binary Display power supply are on separate pages and they are quite confusing coz of many wires and components. I need a schematic that has all the components connected together.
Here's a tip. The author of the book has a copyright on those pages. If anyone were to produce a schematic on a single page and publish it on the internet they would probably be in some very deep legal trouble. The author would find out and the copyright violator would get a nasty letter from U. Louis Dewey of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe PC. For all I know doing the assignment itself might violate the authors copyright.

If I were you I'd start with block diagram and figure out how the blocks are connected then I would redraw the whole thing. Tracing would be an ABSOLUTE (yelling as loud as I can) WASTE OF TIME. Your teacher should hang his head in shame for giving you that assignment. He should be fired for gross incompetence.

Papabravo said:
I see. In order to draw something you must have access to it. Is it a design from a book or other material that you have access to, but that we do not. As I said, a quick Google search produced no interesting results in the first two pages. Perhaps you could give us a link to what your teacher is talking about.

I have a very low opinion of your teacher for giving you such an assignment. You're learning nothing by tracing someone elses design. You have no opportunity for creative thought or analysis and no chance to learn anything useful. If I were you I'd ask for my tuition money back since your teacher is wasting your time with BS assignments like that one.

This is the first time that our class will be tackling about computer's hardware, what is the best way in learning if we don't base on someone elses work. Our prof. said that we are going to study SAP's components by detail, what's the use creative thought analysis if we don't study and not understand the circuitry of someone elses work .

I remember after WW II, U.S took a German scientist inorder to build a rocket and Russians took the V2 rockets and studied it and then build their own and send people to space.

Studying someone else's work and taking it apart to see how you can build your own is different than blindly copying a picture of someone else's work.

andales said:
This is the first time that our class will be tackling about computer's hardware, what is the best way in learning if we don't base on someone elses work. Our prof. said that we are going to study SAP's components by detail, what's the use creative thought analysis if we don't study and not understand the circuitry of someone elses work .

I remember after WW II, U.S took a German scientist inorder to build a rocket and Russians took the V2 rockets and studied it and then build their own and send people to space.
You must be quite old if you remember the post WW II era. To study a design is one thing, to trace a design is another thing entirely. An eight year old can trace the circuitry of a computer without understanding a thing. What's the point of the tracing, does he imagine that tracing is actually a learning tool? Would you ever find anybody in industry tracing another design? I don't think so. That's what copy machines are for, you make a copy, paste it in your notebook and write notes in the margins so in 300 years those students will appreciate your efficient time management.

dknguyen said:
Studying someone else's work and taking it apart to see how you can build your own is different than blindly copying a picture of someone else's work.

****! I frogot to mention again that this subject is called "Computer System Architecture". Subject title itself expect that we are going to draw some circuitry, the same as Civil Engineering students practicing to draw houses in blue prints.

problem with pc

Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

aladavlis said:
Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

1. Wrong thread to ask (in the middle of someone else's unrelated thread)
2. Wrong forum category to ask
3. Wrong forum to ask
4. Especially the wrong forum to ask as first post.

My solution- reformat...seriously. That's what I'd do. Should probably try to uninstall IE and reinstall it first though...or just use Firefox.

Last edited:
I have it bro

Hello every one

well i have got the whole sch. of SAP-I and even the simulation in "Circuit Maker" I am also on dis project

the image is on my labtop but i don how to upload it here :(

boombastic_4u@msn.com u can contact me for any type of Assis in SAP-I or SAP-II

Cry_Wolf said:
Hello every one

well i have got the whole sch. of SAP-I and even the simulation in "Circuit Maker" I am also on dis project

You can upload it in:

**broken link removed**
http://rapidshare.com

use winrar if there are two files
thnx in advance.

Last edited:
Cry_Wolf said:
Hello every one

U. Louis Dewey must be licking his chops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back