Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help how to make LNB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoud1919

i am making aproject
the project is to make dish to get the wave from the nilesat
i made the reflector surface but the problem is the LNB
LNB= horn antenna + amplifier
so can any one help me to make this

I would think that the only "making" involved would be the making of money in order to buy a LNB from a store.

Have a look here:

**broken link removed**

Well beyond what I think you realize you are in for as a "project"

I forgot this example:

**broken link removed**

Notice the odd trace shapes, the traces with parallel branches that go nowhere? These are components, inductors, capacitors, resistors, etc.. stripline, etc, even the PCB material is special.

Remeber you are dealing with unbelievable weak signals, and they are in the millimeter wavelength. Not for the faint of heart.

Last edited:
Buy one, or get one free - they aren't something you're going to make yourself, they are far to complicated to make at home.

They cost hardly anything now, and many perfectly good ones get thrown away, I threw a perfectly good LNB away last week!.

i want to make the LNB doesnot matter about tje money in the other hand i want to make it for myself and i want design clear more than what u send zevon8 and thanks for ur time
LNB= horn antenna + amplifier
the horn antenna is easy to make (my study is on the antenna)
the problem in the amplifier and the time is going and i cant do any thing and the information of this topic on the internet is so small and most of it is wrong
so i need some help

It's not something you're likely to find plans to build?, because of the difficulty of construction, and even of sourcing components. But to give you a few pointers you need:

Horizontal and vertical aerials, with switching between them.

Bandpass filter.

Very low noise microwave amplifier.

Bandpass filter.

Microwave mixer.

Very stable free running microwave oscillator, switchable between two frequencies via a 22KHz tone.

Bandpass IF filter.

IF amplifier.

Bandpass IF filter.

Good luck!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back