Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help for a small project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalal

hi guys,
it's my first time in here and i need help for a small project
i have a device which works on 12 V DC but i can't give 12V directly. I have to go from 0V to 12V in about 30 seconds. actully the device is for the physics department and theyv'e been using this device and when they start it they give 0 to 12V manually. they asked me if i can make a project which takes 12V from the power supply and feed the device the 12V gradually in about 30 seconds.
I want to make a digital circuit using microprocessor. if you have any idea please share it with me and if you can give me a thought about the right IC or the right potentiometer.

help me, please

I want to make a digital circuit using microprocessor.
You could do it easily with a PFET, OP-AMP and an RC time constant.

eng1 said:
what current do you need?

I don't know exactly what current they need but i want to try to give the same 12V with the same current i get from the power supply to this device. so, it's the same current comming from the power supply.

if i did it with a microprocessor i would need to wright a program for it but it will be easier if i want to rechange the voltage for any other device. let's say from 12V to 15V for some other device. so i can only change the EPROM or I could use the same one with an interrupt and change the voltage of it.

actully i did not check the load device. this monday i'm gonna check and i will know what is the load current. then i will see what exactly i will need.

thanks guys for the help

hey guys
there is some improvements on my project. actully i went to check the load deviceand i checked what it needs exactly.
it needs a current of 4 Amps and 25 volts and they need to feed the current and the voltage in 60 seconds to 200 seconds and they want it to be changed as they want it. one more thing is that it must be linear relation between the current and the time with the voltage also.

any ideas??

if i will use a counter and D\A it will only as a controller cause it can't handle 25 volts and 4 Amps

just want to make sure if i'm doing the right thing.

This is just an idea, I have not tried it. The circuit is a PWM used like a power op amp. The TIP41 puts 24 volts on the "device" until the feedback is satisfied, then shuts off. It goes on and off maintaining an average voltage dependent on the input. The response is slow, but fast response is not a requirement.

Attachments

• DRIVER.gif
    DRIVER.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 153
if i will make ranges for my project like:
range 1 from 0A to 4A in 60 seconds
range 2 from 0A to 4A in 80 seconds
and so on till
range 8 from 0A to 4A in 200 seconds

which means that i will choose a range and my device will feed the load with the current with respect to time.

do you got any ideas can help improving the project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back