Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help creating a circuit that keeps a buzzer on until reset with a button, simple right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cduvall

I need to create a circuit that detects a low height and high height and sets a buzzer off until reset by button.

It's not too difficult, but there are a lot of things that would need to go into a design.

What is the thing that you are detecting the height of? Do you mean the voltage, a fluid level, the altitude?

Do you have a power supply? Do you have a buzzer?

How do you want the circuit to be re-armed. When the "height" is too much, the buzzer sounds, then it is reset. After that, what has to happen for the buzzer to sound again?

I am detecting the height of a chair frame to make sure its not too high or two low. I plan on using two sensors with light beams that when broken set off a buzzer. I guess I can use a latching relay to keep the buzzer on until I push a button to turn it off? I will probably use a24v power adapter for power.

A small SCR is an alternative solution than a relay. You circuit wold trigger it on and you would use normally closed push button to reset it. I was thinking of something like a 2N5060. You need an SCR with a currrent rating greater then the buzzer current and a holding current rating less than your buzzer current.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back