Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help a small DC motor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman23

:eek:
Hi everybody.
I am using a 6mm pager motor to turn the pulleys on a 1/25th scale model motor. When you pull the carburetor linkage back the motor will start and increase in speed depending on how far you pull the throttle or push the little gas pedal.
The motor is rated at
Starting voltage(V):<=0.75
Rated voltage(V):1.3
Operating voltage(V):0.8~1.6
Rated current(A):<=0.08
Speed(RPM):8500
Please don't laugh I really do need the help I am not too experienced with electronics.
I was thinking about using a 3 volt battery and a 480 ohm resistor and hooking that to a Micro 500K Trimmer Resistor.
The size of trimmer resistor is only .246” Dia and is a half turn resistor. I was hoping the first resistor would protect the motor from over voltage and the second resistor would control the RPM. I don't have any room for a circut board or anything like that. The trimmer resistor just fits under the dash with a lot of grinding. I figured that I could hook the linkage and gas pedal to it and i would be able to get about 1/3rd of a turn Max on the trimmer. Does anyone else have a better Idea and or corrections to this idea.

Last edited:
Use a single 1.5V battery instead. 1.5V is within the safe range for that motor. The 500K trimmer is way to high of a resistance and it'll only have effect at full throttle with no response through most of it's range. What you need is a lower resistance POT (less than 100Ω) or a 1-5KΩ POT combined with a transistor to control the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back