Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help, 12 channel wireless remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

I’m using a 315 Mhz, 12 channel wireless remote and relay control to operate some 12 vdc motors. It energizes the relays to turn power on the system, choose motor direction and start the reversible motors. Every thing works well but I need positive feedback to prove the motors and relays are in fact on or off and I need to figure out how to put Led’s on the remote and light them up and stay on as long as the relays and motors are energized. What is a simple way to do this?

You an use CTs (current transformers) connected to an ADC system to "proof" the motors' on-off condition. Getting that info to the remote control will, of course, require some manner of transmitter/receiver system not unlike your current remote.

Monitoring the motors's condition is relatively simple.

Having the info displayed on your controller is not.

Is there some other display (lights that could be seen from your position while controlling the motors) that would be adequate?

Last edited:
No there are no other display lights, that is why I'm trying to do this. Once I get this finished I plan to take it to the next step which is to automate the system. I didn't know CT's worked with DC?

I’m using a 315 Mhz, 12 channel wireless remote and relay control to operate some 12 vdc motors. It energizes the relays to turn power on the system, choose motor direction and start the reversible motors. Every thing works well but I need positive feedback to prove the motors and relays are in fact on or off and I need to figure out how to put Led’s on the remote and light them up and stay on as long as the relays and motors are energized. What is a simple way to do this?

Your getting into the realm of difficult. I would just design the system where you have a high level of confidence that the system did what you wanted, perhaps sending redundant commands.

branch,

No, CTs won't work with a DC system (unless the motor are PWM). I, somehow, overlooked that little tidbit of info.

You could, however, depending on the current draw of a motor, use a very low value (typically, 1Ω), high wattage resistor, in series with one lead feeding the motor and monitor the voltage developed across the resistor. This would be identical to the CT systems used with AC.

You might consider taking this data (and this would not be simple; Mikebits is absolutely correct) and using it to "page" (text, tweet??) you when a system has failed.

Hi Branch,
I need help from you. I started designed my own RF TX and RX for RC toy CAR but it is not working. This may be my circuit is not good. can you please send me link where I can get a very simple RF circuit. I will appreciate it. I am very passionate about electronic engineering.

Thank

I started designed my own RF TX and RX for RC toy CAR but it is not working.
Ok can we see what you started with?
What was not working?
What resorces do you have to make electronic circuits?

Last edited:
Rf circuit for rc car / hobby

4pyros,
thanks, I got some circuit 27MHZ TX and RX on the internet (attachedView attachment 66752)
I also built a signal strength test meter (circuit attached). I have a 25MHZ digital Oscilloscope.
I built the the transmitter and receiver and strength meter though I did not get all the value of compent matches but close.
I ran the transmitter and hooked my OSCILLOSCOPE and I could see the 20MHZ signal oscillating and 150mV, I followed the explanation from the internet about how to test the transmitter signal with my Strength meter and every thing worked good, I could see my Strength meter icon moving when supplying the Tx with 9V.

I move to my RX circuit and connected the strength meter to the antena, when pressed the PB on my Tx, I can see my meter icon moving and telling me that the Rx is getting the signal from my TX.

The problem is now my receiver is not giving enough power or voltage to drive a transistor or LED. another thing is I do not exactelly understand the RX circuit.
Here is the link from the web where i got the circuit:http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/27MHz Transmitters/27MHzLinks-1.html#THE 27MHz TRANSMITTER, http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/27MHz Transmitters/27MHzLinks-1.html#Receiver for Tx_A

If some one can explain to me in brief, i will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back