• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need Electronic Speed Control

Not open for further replies.


New Member
Hi.... please help me.... i need schematic ESC for my electric RC car, i need reverse and forward speed motor 540. thank's :lol:

Agent 009

New Member
Look, for a speed control, you could just add a potentiometer in series with the input voltage of the motor... hehe, this sounds stupid, but as soon as I figure out a 'mature' other way....

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Agent 009 said:
What's a motor 540?
I believe a motor 540 is a standard RC car motor, the speed controllers used usually have a number of paralleled power FET's, used in a PWM configuration to control motor speed, and possibly a DPDT relay to reverse the motor. Considering the number of FET's required, and the small dimensions of commercial speed controllers, I wouldn't have thought it cost effective to build one yourself - just buy one, they are freely available at RC outlets.
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles