Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need alittle help with a program please

Status
Not open for further replies.

psecody

Ok I've decided to resurect my ir light switch project and use a pic to do this. The only problem with it is the IR programming, I'm kinda new to ASM and haven't yet figured out how to do this.

I checked out Nigel's tutorials but his program has alot of extra crap like the LCD stuff that clutters the program and makes it hard to see what the IR part of the program needs to be.

So I was wondering if someone could give me an example code (or just some hints even to get me in the right direction) for just toggling the status of a pin when IR signal is recieved.

The main reason besides the switch is that I think its easier to program the IR stuff then the LCD stuff and since I have no plans to use any LCD's in the next few projects I'm putting it on the back burner for now. Thanks I appreciate it.

hi psecody,

Can you tell us what PIC and programming language you are using, the complier??

If you have some code written or a simple diagram to post that would help.

psecody said:
Ok I've decided to resurect my ir light switch project and use a pic to do this. The only problem with it is the IR programming, I'm kinda new to ASM and haven't yet figured out how to do this.

I checked out Nigel's tutorials but his program has alot of extra crap like the LCD stuff that clutters the program and makes it hard to see what the IR part of the program needs to be.

But it's written to be very easy to understand, in a modular fashion, it's EXTREMELY simple to remove the parts you don't want.

Also try tutorial 5.3 - this simply toggles LED's ON and OFF via IR remote, which seems pretty much what you're wanting?.

I'm using a PIC16877A using whatever compiler is embedded in MPLAB (I'm not using mplab though just the compiler writing it in notepad) and I'm programming in assembly.

Thanks Nigel I didn't read that far down the page I thought the whole page was that one program..

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back