Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a simple low power LED flasher circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanzhao

Hi,

I need a simple low power LED flahser circuit to fake car alarm. Ideally, it should consume 1.5v-3v for 12 months. I prefer using 555 timer or few transistors, because it's easier for me to build.

I've found lots of LED flasher circuit on the web, but couldn't find the right one. Any links or comments would be appreciated.

Use a CMOS 555 such as a 7555 or TLC555, very low current.

LED flasher

Why not use a standard flashing LED with a 1K resistor in series for a 12V auto system.

are you sure that you don't mean that your led should draw 1.5-4mA
anyway, for 1.5 volts you could use a LM3909 chip. do a search for 'LM3909 led flasher' and you will find lots of things.
i suggest powering the led from the car battery.

I bought a very bright 12v flashing led.
as had no space to mount the led or hunt around for wiring , I put it in a little black box with a 9 volt battery.
and connected a 12k Resistor to it.
yes, 12,000 ohms.

Power Consumption: 0.25 - 0.5 Milliamps with a 12k Resistor.

then I putt the box in front of dash ,behind and above the center of the steering wheel.

I installed the battery on 22 october 2003, and it's still goint strong with the same battery.

why use ic for such a simple task. As i can remember there was a circuit only with one transistor and small amount of coils which could blink led at about 1Hz or any by 1.5V battery for very long time. Just search for joule thief circuit and change capacitor values large. I did this long time a ago. Quite easy and compact.....

I tried a flashing joule thief circuit, one with a ldr to turn it off during the day, I scrapped it in favour of a pic micro circuit, if you want I'll see if I can find the schematic.

Maybe its a 10 year anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back