Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need a Magic Copper Pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ue418

Hello,
I have a double-sided PCB that I recently got from Express PCB. I'm happy with it and all, but I now need to "very slightly" modify it. I have a copper pad (Pad A) that a pin must go through and solder to. But I now realize that I also need to connect that pad to another nearby trace (.020" wide). The distance from Pad A to that trace is only about 1/4". Is there some way I can "lay down" a makeshift trace? At first I thought I would just put a little jumper wire from Pad A to a pad on that existing trace. But Duh, the module pin must go through (and be soldered to) Pad A, as I mentioned above. The hole is unfortunately not big enough to jam both a jumper wire and the module pin through. Does anyone know a fairly easy way to "draw in" or otherwise create this new trace, which only needs to go 1/4"? Like I said in the title, I feel like I need a "copper pen". Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rick

Why does the wire have to also go through the pad? Why can't you solder a piece of wire wrap to the pad and to another pad on the trace you need to join it too? You solder the wire after you have soldered the pin/pad.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back