I Need a Magic Copper Pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ue418

Hello,
I have a double-sided PCB that I recently got from Express PCB. I'm happy with it and all, but I now need to "very slightly" modify it. I have a copper pad (Pad A) that a pin must go through and solder to. But I now realize that I also need to connect that pad to another nearby trace (.020" wide). The distance from Pad A to that trace is only about 1/4". Is there some way I can "lay down" a makeshift trace? At first I thought I would just put a little jumper wire from Pad A to a pad on that existing trace. But Duh, the module pin must go through (and be soldered to) Pad A, as I mentioned above. The hole is unfortunately not big enough to jam both a jumper wire and the module pin through. Does anyone know a fairly easy way to "draw in" or otherwise create this new trace, which only needs to go 1/4"? Like I said in the title, I feel like I need a "copper pen". Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rick

Why does the wire have to also go through the pad? Why can't you solder a piece of wire wrap to the pad and to another pad on the trace you need to join it too? You solder the wire after you have soldered the pin/pad.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…