Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluvet79

I need a little help Please

I purchased a Velleman K2625 tachometer kit. I assembled the kit as per the diagrams. I misread the part about powering up the unit for test and setting. I powered the unit with 9 volt AC and pop-ed the voltage regulator in the circuit. I replaced the regulator and then powered the unit with 9 volt DC. The unit powered up. I then applied the 9 volt DC to the in or signal port. The tach would not convey a tach reading. I slept on it last night and realized I needed the DC for the + to power the board and the AC for the in or signal to the tach. I connected everything this morning and it works except when I adjust the RV2 Trimmer to set the tach at 7200 it will only go to 3200. Can someone please take a look at this diagram and see what I am missing or what I have done wrong. I have racked my brain and I am at a loss. I need a little help.

This is the weblink and pdf is the complete instructions diagrams and all.
http://www.velleman.be/ot/en/product/view/?id=9060

Thanks;
bluvet79

Last edited:
Check the resistors R8 and R9 and capacitor C10.
Make sure you have the correct values, that is the most obvious thing I can suggest to try first.

JimB

Thanks for the advice but I found the problem The Trimmer at RV2 Had to be changed from a 47k-ohm to a 200k-ohm. It works like a charm now.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back