Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a good quality HiFi amp maybe 200 watts for TV, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I need an amp for a TV sound system. I should probably buy a sound system but I already have several speakers I would like to use if possible. I connected a small amp not sure how many watts it is maybe 10 watts to a pair of 200 watt speakers it barely makes any sound. I'm not real sure how many watts I really need I know it has to do the how much power it takes to drive the speakers.

I know 8 watts on some low power 10 watts speakers will blow your ear dumbs out. I had this set up when I was in college 40 years ago.

Amps and receivers are so cheap these days I don't know why anybody would build one. Check prices at Fry's or Good Guys. You can get a five channer receiver for under $150.

Last edited:
A 10W per channel amplifier should be plenty for a TV, it sounds like you did something wrong somewhere?.

Make sure you're feeding it from an OUTPUT on the TV, assuming there is one - being an American TV there might not be?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back