Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a circuit....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EOJ

hey fellas,

I'm sure this is alot easier than I'm making it. I need a circuit where I can depress a pushswitch and it charges a cap. Upon release of the push switch it also discharges the cap. My intentions are to have absoulutely as few switches as possible. My inexperienced guess is that I can do this simply with a source, relay, and a cap. Could somebody please render me assistance.

Thanks,

E.O.J

A resistor to discharge the cap (a load). And why a relay, you said you want to use a switch which is cheaper? Have you tried google?

Use a SPDT switch.

Connect the capacitor from 'COM' to 0V, the power supply to 'L2' and the load to 'L1'.
**broken link removed**
As is standard with all schematics, the switch is shown in its unactivated (depressed) state.

As hero says a switch would do the job, a spring loaded toggle would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back