Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a 1000W 12VDC - 240VAC inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuka_2

I found a 500w 12vdc to 220vac inverter schematic. It has CD4047, LM324,C1061 and 2N3055 and a transformer as it's main component. So, my question is: Can I use that to generate 240vac and 1000w with an input of 12vdc or 24vdc. If it possible, then send me the modifications, if any. Thank you.

As I said in my reply to your PM to me, 1000W from a 12V battery is rediculous. Even with a 24V battery powering it, its transformer would cost a fortune.
Many electronic products and power tools don't work from its square-wave output.
Its CD4047 oscillator would need to have a 12V regulator added but the rest of the circuit would work from a 24V battery and it might make 1000W output.

All you need to modify is:
Transformer, make it twice bigger.
Transformer driver (2N3055&C1061), make it twice stronger.
Don't simply change the input voltage.

Yes, it's better to used PWM instead of square wave.

ebuka_2 said:
I found a 500w 12vdc to 220vac inverter schematic. It has CD4047, LM324,C1061 and 2N3055 and a transformer as it's main component. So, my question is: Can I use that to generate 240vac and 1000w with an input of 12vdc or 24vdc. If it possible, then send me the modifications, if any. Thank you.

Switching this High of Power with 2N3055 Transistors is NOT very Efficient. Too much LOSS.

Look for a Mosfet Designed Inverter, it has Better Efficiency.
There is one on my Website.

However, I also Agree that 1000 Watts on an Inverter is NOT Very Practical.

The 1000W inverters in stores have a continuous rating of only 500W. Their rated power of 1000W is allowed for only 2 minutes.

The inverter that uses 2N3055 transistors is used in The Fillipines where Mosfets are not available but 2N3055 transistors are plentiful and cheap.
A guy runs around to all the villages replacing discharged car batteries with charged ones.

ebuka_2 said:

Hi,
Beleive the redundancy theory and better have two numbers of 500VA and share the load if it is not a single load.
you will be having a practicable and and safer Inverters.

===========================

I found 1000w inverter

pls link to **broken link removed**

Try you...

The "500W" inverter at Electronics-Lab has been changed and now might not work with an output of only 200W.

The "1000w inverter has an output of 500W.

Both have a square-wave output that will not drive many electronic products and power tools.

Re My Inverter:
**broken link removed**

The Output on my Inverter DEPENDS on the Mosfets and Power Transformer used. It can be much more than 500 watts with multiple mosfets and a Big Transformer.

But Input Currents become very high and winding such transformers becomes difficult.

And Yes it is Square wave, which is not suitable for some Inductive Loads.

Gary

The "500W" inverter at Electronics-Lab has been changed and now might not work with an output of only 200W.

The "1000w inverter has an output of 500W.

Both have a square-wave output that will not drive many electronic products and power tools.

Obviously not.

I wouldn't consider building a such inverter.

12VDC to 120 or 240VAC inverters using a 60 Hz transformer are bulky and not efficient. Even running idle, your inverter will consume many amperes. Consider buying a commercial inverter instead. Okay, 240 volt inverters are less common than 120 VAC inverters, but i'm sure ther can be found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back