Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need 1A current..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan9890

Hi.. I'm building a light follower type bot.. i'm using a basic opamp, n 2 power bjts for driving da motor.. havent used a specific refernce circuit.. Driver circuit is working fine..but i has 1 prob..

I'm using a PNP MJE2955 n NPN MJE3055.. THey're complementary pair.. icmax is 10 A..
Now, i'm usng a Vcc of four 1.5V batteries.. I thus get 6v n around 1.5A as input to the driver ckt.. But on the output i get only 0.5A.. So da motor with a wheel runs in air, but on ground it dosent get that much force.. So i wanted to increase the output current to atleast 1A.
Any suggesions? I cant put in more batteries.. i mean 8 batt wud giv me 1A, but it wud b heavy then..
So, lukin forward for fiddling with the transistors..:D
Plz give your valuable suggestions..:)
Thank you..

You need to provide us with 2 values.

The current taken by the motor when connected directly to a 6v supply.

The 6v supply must be either rechargeable cells or "D" cells.

Next we need to know the current taken by the motor when you hold the shaft and nearly stall the motor.

The 2N3055 and MJE3055 have a max saturation voltage loss of 3V when the base current is 3.3A and the collector current is 10A. So a circuit with a 6V supply (the battery voltage will drop a lot with such a high current) will apply nearly no voltage to the motor.
Use logic-level Mosfets instead of lousy old transistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back